As we prepare to celebrate the coming of a new year, we thought we would recap some of the safe sleep news from this past year. Make a commitment to help KID keep babies safe this year.
2010 was a big year for product safety news:
- CPSC and FDA warn parents against the use of sleep positioners.
- CPSC approves the toughest crib standard in the world.
- University of California study shows increase in SIDS death on New Year's.
- Millions of cribs were recalled in 2010 for faulty hardware, failing drop-side mechanisms, weak side slats and failing mattress supports.
Caramia crib recall
Generation 2, ChilDESIGN crib recall
Simplicity crib recall
Sorelle Crib recall
Victory Land crib recall
Longwood Forest Crib recall
Ethan Allen crib recall
Childcraft crib recall and here
Delta crib recall
Evenflo crib recall
Jardine crib recall
Lajobi crib recall
Million Dollar Baby crib recall
Simmons crib recall
Bassettbaby crib recall
Alexander Design crib recall
Pottery Barn crib recall
Sorelle crib recall
Graco/Lajobi crib recall
Dorel Asia crib recall
And this is just the list from 2010! Check here for all crib recalls.
To keep your baby safe, here are some resources:
- CPSC's crib resource page
- KID's safe sleep flyer
- SIDS Illinois info on safe sleep.
- KID's blog post on drop-side cribs -- why are they so dangerous?